As the company’s flagship R World models, the new 2020 YZF-R1M (R1M) and YZF-R1 (R1) deliver improved handling and rideability with more electronic control for mastering both the street and track.
Our History. Your Future. We R1.
Yamaha has a rich heritage of building the most sought after Supersport motorcycles designed to deliver the pinnacle of performance on and off the track. Based on 22 years of proven race-winning engineering, the 2020 Yamaha R1M and R1 are forged from the technology and development gained from countless challenges in MotoGP, World Superbike, MotoAmerica Superbike races, and the grueling demands of Endurance World Championship racing. From crossplane crankshaft engines to revolutionary electronics such as the six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), Yamaha’s historical achievements have become the future of R World.
• Redesigned cylinder head, fuel injectors, finger-follower rocker arms, and camshaft profiles
• APSG ride-by-wire system with YCC-T
• Brake Control (BC) and Engine Brake Management (EBM) for a total of seven electronic control rider aids
• Öhlins ERS NPX front fork with integrated gas cylinder and optimised rear shock settings (R1M)
• KYB upside-down front fork with new internal shim stack design (R1)
• Optimised settings for linked-type Monocross KYB rear shock (R1)
• Next-generation R-Series redesigned bodywork with outstanding aerodynamic efficiency
• Carbon fibre tail cowl (R1M)
• Bridgestone RS11 Battlax Racing Street tyres with updated tread design
• New front brake pad friction material for excellent control while braking