Featuring Yamaha’s advanced racing technology, the new 2020 YZ450F has been updated to give racers the edge right out of the gate.
2021 YAMAHA YZ450F
2021 YZ450F: Tune into Victory
The 2021 YZ450F returns with all of the class-leading features first introduced on the 2020 YZ450F, including an updated engine, cylinder head, frame and technology features for a lighter, more powerful and better handling motocross experience. Racers can achieve quicker, smoother race starts through Yamaha’s Launch Control System, adjust their on-track performance using the onboard wireless connectivity through the free of charge Yamaha Power Tuner App right from their phone, and choose between two user-defined ECU maps on the fly through the handlebar-mounted dual-mode engine map switch.
Featuring Yamaha’s advanced racing technology, the new 2021 YZ450F has been updated to give racers the edge right out of the gate. Standard equipment including electric start, a lightweight lithium battery, advanced fuel injection, and a wrap around rear-positioned exhaust deliver powerful and reliable performance featuring industry leading mass-centralisation.
Racers can achieve quicker, smoother race starts with Yamaha’s Launch Control System, adjust their on-track performance using a smartphone thanks to the Yamaha Power Tuner App, and choose between two user defined ECU maps on the fly with the handlebar mounted dual-mode engine map switch.
The new 2021 YZ450F is available now in Team Yamaha Blue and Grey.
YZ450F features and benefit summary – what’s new for 2021
Lighter. More powerful. Better handling. Simply put, the 2021 YZ450F is better everywhere, with a more compact motor, a thoroughly refined chassis, and weight reduction from the axles to the handlebar. More specifically the changes include:
• Lighter and more compact high-compression cylinder head
• New high compression, bridge-box designed forged piston with DLC coated piston pin
• More aggressive cam profiles
• New bar mounted map switch – blue button, dual function
• New free flow, high seal air filter system
• Yamaha bilateral beam aluminium frame featuring updated main spars
• New engine mounting points that centralise mass and provide an ideal rigidity balance between cornering feel and straight-line confidence.
• Refined, speed-sensitive damping in KYB twin chamber forks to give industry-leading suspension performance straight out of the box.
• Larger diameter front brake piston and increased caliper rigidity for improved braking power
• New brake pads with expanded pad area for increased braking power and controllability
• New lighter front brake rotor with expanded braking area for strong and stable braking
• New lighter and wider diameter rear brake rotor with improved heat dissipation
• Lighter bar clamps
• New lighter front axle and triple clamp
• Stiffer seat foam for ease of rider movement
• New pattern Dunlop tyres for increased corner traction
• Weight shaved everywhere – from the footrests to the electrical system
Engine Type Liquid-cooled 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valve
Bore x Stroke (mm)97.0 × 60.9
Compression Ratio 13.0 : 1
Lubrication System Wet sump
Fuel Management Fuel Injection
Starter System Electric
Fuel Tank Capacity (L)6.2
Final Transmission Chain
Transmission Constant mesh, 5-speed
Frame TypeBilateral Beam
Suspension FrontTelescopic forks, 310mm travel
Suspension RearSwingarm (link suspension), 317mm travel
Brakes FrontHydraulic single disc, 270mm
Brakes RearHydraulic single disc, 240mm
Tyres Front80/100-21 Dunlop MX33
Tyres Rear120/80-19 Dunlop MX33
Seat Height (mm)965
Ground Clearance (mm)330
Wet Weight (kg)111