Featuring Yamaha’s advanced racing technology, the new 2020 YZ450F has been updated to give racers the edge right out of the gate. Standard equipment including electric start, a lightweight lithium battery, advanced fuel injection, and a wrap around rear-positioned exhaust deliver powerful and reliable performance featuring industry leading mass-centralisation.
Racers can achieve quicker, smoother race starts with Yamaha’s Launch Control System, adjust their on-track performance using a smartphone thanks to the Yamaha Power Tuner App, and choose between two user defined ECU maps on the fly with the handlebar mounted dual-mode engine map switch.
The new 2020 YZ450F will be available from dealers next month in Team Yamaha Blue and Grey – pricing and availability are to be announced.
YZ450F features and benefit summary – what’s new for 2020
Lighter. More powerful. Better handling. Simply put, the 2020 YZ450F is better everywhere, with a more compact motor, a thoroughly refined chassis, and weight reduction from the axles to the handlebar. More specifically the changes include:
• Lighter and more compact high-compression cylinder head
• New high compression, bridge-box designed forged piston with DLC coated piston pin
• More aggressive cam profiles
• New bar mounted map switch – blue button, dual function
• New free flow, high seal air filter system
• Yamaha bilateral beam aluminium frame featuring updated main spars
• New engine mounting points that centralise mass and provide an ideal rigidity balance between cornering feel and straight-line confidence.
• Refined, speed-sensitive damping in KYB twin chamber forks to give industry-leading suspension performance straight out of the box.
• Larger diameter front brake piston and increased caliper rigidity for improved braking power
• New brake pads with expanded pad area for increased braking power and controllability
• New lighter front brake rotor with expanded braking area for strong and stable braking
• New lighter and wider diameter rear brake rotor with improved heat dissipation
• Lighter bar clamps
• New lighter front axle and triple clamp
• Stiffer seat foam for ease of rider movement
• New pattern Dunlop tyres for increased corner traction
• Weight shaved everywhere – from the footrests to the electrical system
• New graphics and grey colour option