he YZ250X is the ultimate balance of power, lightness and agility. The Aussie version will be fitted with an off-road kit as standard. Yamaha’s 2020 YZ250X delivers classic two-stroke performance for the enduro racer.
The lightweight aluminium frame is mated to fully-adjustable KYB closed chamber USD forks, and a fully adjustable high-performance KYB rear shock absorber, specifically tuned for
cross-country racing. This provides unmatched handling performance and comfort in bush race conditions
• Based on the YZ250 motocross model, the 249cc, reed-valve inducted twostroke engine is matched to a race-ready wide-ratio five-speed transmission. Compression ratio, exhaust port, power valve timing, and model-specific CDI unit have been designed for improved trail performance
• All features are focused on creating a wide, controllable power character along with light, nimble, and precise handling, ideal for cross-country racing
• Australian models will all come fitted with an off-road kit – including front
and rear lights, handguards, horn, mirror, braided steel front brake line and number plate hanger that makes it eligible for rec rego in some states.
• Enduro-specific Dunlop Geomax AT81 tyres with an 18-inch rear have taller sidewalls for improved comfort and reduced pinch flats
• A large 270mm/245mm front/rear disc brake combination coupled with highperformance pad material offers outstanding machine control and
performance, with exceptional stopping power and controllability for tight wooded trails